Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stupid Comcast

First I would like to report that my spots are better(see attached photo)



Next, I would like to say that it is not due to the fact that I'm been getting plenty of rest. Tuesday night around 1am, I was awoken when our tiny 50 house, dead ending neighborhood became Grand Central Station. This is Never the case since our neighborhood is in a dead end, so no one goes in there unless they need to. A nice very low traffic area, right? Usually.

Tuesday night night there appeared to be a fleet driving back and forth in an apparently random manner. This might not have woken me if they had not been getting out of their cars and talking, thus waking every dog in the neighborhood. (and we have a lot of dogs in our neighborhood.) Dogs barking ment Zoey had to bark too, you know in case we weren't awake and aware of the danger already. Such a good little watchdog.

Eventually, the people put their dogs inside, the men continue to drive about and talk, Zoey growls periodically. Then one of the trucks park in front of our house and the engine running was accompanied by clanking and the slamming of doors. Lovely. I finally got up to see what the noise is and it's a Comcast truck, two in fact. One parked in front of my house, one two houses down. Fixing stuff or something.

Brad finally got annoyed enough to call and complain. (I voted that he go out in his boxers and yell, but he vetoed my idea:-( He was told there was a major outage(so why are they in front of my house at one am, I just closed my account) and they would put the complaint on our file(again, Yeah! oh wait we just closed it)

45 minutes after the debacle started the guys pack up and leave for good. Zoey eventually settles back down and we actually get some sleep. However, Comcast is not high on my list and I doubt another of my pennies will grace their doors.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am glad your spots are better and I know what you mean about loathing a company with every fiber of your being. I feel that way about Wells Fargo. Sadly they just bought our bank, Wachovia. So now I keep thinking they are following us and gobbling up all the other banks we join to avoid them. I know its all in my head but it is an odd coincidence.

Lindsay Blake said...

Ahh, well our mortgage is withe Wells-Fargo, and we bank with Wachovia, so I guess they own us now huh? Oh well, so far we haven't had any trouble with them, but it only takes one spell with no help from them to ruin it. Customer Service people! That's all it takes! Be nice and helpful! Geez.