Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Moving up?

Well, still not much happening here another wait and see game. It's annual review time at MDW and Brad is waiting to hear the results(as is everyone) As usual (not just when he works for Felicia) his boss loves him and is trying to promote him to Senior Engineer and give him a raise and maybe even some actual management duties over his project. Basically, he does what he does now, but he'll actually have a title which gives him some real control rather than throwing his opinion in the ring. Or at least that's how I understand it.

What Brad does, the back end for this site: http://spotted.lubbockonline.com/
They sell it to newspapers, etc. all over the world. I can say that now because he's going to Denmark to help train and setup the program on their servers and is spending a few extra days in Copenhagen(because I said no to London(well I want to go too!))

I have applied for a position as Head of Public Services in the FSU Medical Library. I'm not keen on Florida, as many of you know(the whole stupid state is sand), but it's a great opportunity. The library was established in 2002 and is almost entirely electronic. Because it's small, new, and current, I think I have a good chance of getting the job, but with only two years library experience, I could be trumped by someone with more time on the job. I have had a phone interview at the end of last month. Right now I'm waiting to hear about on site interviews. We're pretty well settled into Augusta, so if I don't get the job, it's not a problem staying here for a few more years of experience:-)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Florida really isn't that bad... atleast you are close to disney world and the beach. and alligators and bugs, ok so maybe there is not that much here :)