Monday, July 21, 2008

While the hubby is away...

Brad has deserted me for a geek conference in Portland this week. Sorry, open-source conference. (Free software for you non-tech people, though I don't think I have many friends who wouldn't know that) Anyway, he had to go to the airport in Augusta at 6am :-( I had every intention of going back to sleep after I dropped him off, but Target had MarioKart and they open at 8am on Sunday and I promised Lacy MarioKart for his birthday last weekend. So, I settled for laying down for 1/2 hour, listening to Zoey attempt to rip Cookie Monster apart, before heading off to Target. MarioKart retrieved, I set about doing what you do when your husband is out of town. Namely, watching girl movies. I have four lined up on Netflix: Saving Jane(watched that one last night, it was good), PS I love you, Definitely Maybe, and 27 Dresses.

Zoey is taking Brad's absence in stride. She ran around outside while I worked on the garden and then slept on my lap or in her bed for most of the rest of the day. We went for a walk around 6:30 and she spent some quality time on the couch barking as passersby for a few hours before dusk. When we went to bed though she was sad. There was no people water to lap up from the shower, no Brad to play tug of war before bed and throw the squeky toys to retrieve, in short it was all very upsetting. For me too, but I conpensate by reading until I can't keep my eyes open anymore and sleeping across the whole bed. Zoey just went to sleep at 10:30 when it became apparent there would be no more entertainment for the evening.

No comments: